Re: Eumetcast Tuner

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello

I would like to by Eumetcast Satellite receiver . CAN be any suitable device
I loose my second processing unit during thunderstorm

Br. Esko Petäjä

Esko,

Sorry to hear that! I don't associate Finland with a high thunderstorm risk.

How did the device fail - was it through the power connections, network connections, or the RF input?

I know that some people have had power supply failures (overheating?). If the failure was through the RF connector perhaps there's a lightning arrester you could fit? These should be easily available for the F connector used in satellite TV, but check they are rated for up to 1.7 GHz (satellite TV could be up to 2 GHz).

73,
David GM8ARV