Re: TBS6903X and TBS6909X ready for EUMETCast under GNU/Linux

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello Ernst,

Thanks for the very interesting and thorough write-up.
There is a small disadvantage in using TBS cards. For the moment I use two SR1 's because the layout of my house is such that the antenna is too far from my receiving PC.
I put the SR1's close to the antenna and have two RJ45 cables coming from the SR1's to the receiving PC.
Using TBS' cards it should be possible to build a small headless system that streams the data over a network. Food for thought.
Kind regards,

Hugo

Hugo,

Could you could use an in-line amplifier half way along the cable?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Axing-SVS-2-02-Broadband-Terrestrial-silver/dp/B002BZLOYS

although with modern kit the amount of allowable cable loss is quite high.