Re: Gaps in AVHRR images yesterday.

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 12:36 PM, Robert Moore wrote:
Maybe misreading the console Ernst. I've attached a screenshot - C/N is 11 in this shot, it's been up and down
Robert

Don't pay too much attention to Signal Strength. This number is also hard to compare between different receiver types.

Your C/N = SNR = 11 dB is marginal for HVS-1 or HVS-2 reception. And as discussed before, this will also disturb BASIC.
You should have SNR = 12 - 13 dB. If this changes rapidly with big amplitude your dish could be fluttering in the wind (?).

Below is what I have right now taking 4 TC transponders with NO packet loss on a TBS-6908 V10 (manufactured 2014).

Cheers