Re: Gaps in AVHRR images yesterday.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi all,

now I am using a 128 GB external SSD with USB 3.0 for all temp data from BAS, HVS-1 and HVS-2.
All target directories are situated on the SSD too. There is no need for Robocopy, because David's Software delete the files from the target directory after processing.

In Front of the SSD I have installed PrimoCache. (PrimoCache download)
Using a cache of 3 GB and with Defer-Write enabled (Native Mode INFINITE) nothing is written to the SSD at all.
Native Mode INFINITE means that data is written to the SSD when the cache is filled up only.
Under normal conditions this never happens because the files are deleted immediately after processing.
In situations, when broken temp files arrive, they are written to the SSD when the cache filles up.
As there is 128 GB room on the SSD I have not to take care of broken temp files.

Cheers,
Thorsten

This sounds like the best of the bunch, Thorsten! I'd rejected the cached-disk before as it wasn't possible to cache just a part of the disk (at least in the free version, IIRC). 128 GB SSD are about £/€/$ 15 so it won't break the bank.

Many thanks for giving the details of this installation, and especially the screen-shots.

Perhaps you might write this up for the GEO Quarterly?