Re: Gaps in AVHRR images yesterday.

Thorsten Miglus

Hi all,

This is the corrected link: PrimoCache dowload

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 06:53 PM, Thorsten Miglus wrote:
Hi all,

now I am using a 128 GB external SSD with USB 3.0 for all temp data from BAS, HVS-1 and HVS-2.
All target directories are situated on the SSD too. There is no need for Robocopy, because David's Software delete the files from the target directory after processing.

In Front of the SSD I have installed PrimoCache. (PrimoCache download)
Using a cache of 3 GB and with Defer-Write enabled (Native Mode INFINITE) nothing is written to the SSD at all.
Native Mode INFINITE means that data is written to the SSD when the cache is filled up only.
Under normal conditions this never happens because the files are deleted immediately after processing.
In situations, when broken temp files arrive, they are written to the SSD when the cache filles up.
As there is 128 GB room on the SSD I have not to take care of broken temp files.

Cheers,
Thorsten