Jan

If "Signal" means signal strength, 1dB less is irrelevant. You must go for maximum SNR
and compare those. The Inverto Black Ultra LNB is really low noise. Everybody uses it.

Am 24.09.2020 12:49, schrieb Cornish Man via groups.io:

Hi John.
I know I should be getting more DB’s
I adjust the dish Manually as I don’t have a Dish Finder.
Using my mobile with Remote Desktop I adjust the dish to get the best signal.
I purchased a Inverto Black Ultra LNB a month and I found that I got
1db or so less signal than with my old Technomate T2 LNB
Cheers
Jan
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
From: geojohnt via groups.io
Sent: 24 September 2020 10:35
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Gaps in AVHRR images yesterday.
Hello Cornish Man,
Well if you are in Cornwall and using a 110 cm dish, you've got problems.
But then I think we have discussed this in the past?
I'm using a 1 m dish with an Inverto Black Ultra LNB in SW London and
at the moment 09:25 UTC with clear skies am getting 13.1 dB SNR with
an SR1.
You are well within the maximum signal contour so should be getting
much better SNR.