Re: TelliCast Missed Packets False Alarms

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Progress report.

I've been trying to resolve the steady missed/recovered TelliCast packets issue on PC Penguin, and I did further tests yesterday and today but without success so far.

- Adding a RAMdisk (tmp and received)

- changing to a TBS5925 (from TBS5927)

- and moving to a USB 3 port (from USB 2) have all made no difference.

Items left in common: BDADataEx (but that works correctly with the TBS6903 PCIe card running BAS, HVS-1 and HVS-2, and with an earlier PC with a TBS5925 USB receiver plugged into a separate USB3 card). TelliCast was 2.14.5 on the old PC, 2.14.6 on the new. I'm reluctant to revert TelliCast, or the TBS5927, as they are units which the new user would be using.

It seems that the new PC has a single main USB hub internally on the motherboard, so perhaps there's a parameter I can tune there? If so, I couldn't see one Perhaps adding a low-profile PCIe USB 2 card could be an option giving two top-level hubs, such cards seem to be no longer available! I am trying to avoid USB 3.0 cards as they require extra power connectors.