Re: Gaps in AVHRR images yesterday.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

That solved the problem empirically but not (for me) theoretically. I ran Kepler updater and now have lat/long and outlines correct in AVHRR Manager. I normally download Keplers by hand and did so this morning. When I came to compare the two lines for satellites in the manually download file with the updater files, they were identical. But perhaps one overwrote the other thus making them identical. I'll run the updater overnight in future.
Ah, well ......
BTW Is the Kepler Manager program superseded by Updater (not that I've used the former for a long while)?
Robert

Always good to hear of progress, Robert..

Yes, the Kepler Manager was replaced in July 2019, as [I hope] notified in the SatSignal group. The SSL libraries now required were incompatible with the older program. In addition, I wrote the updater to be more efficient, and to use the EUMETSAT Kepler data for the polar orbiting satellites they operate (as discovered by Thorsten Miglus).