Re: experiences and lessons learned with a fresh Eumetcast install for WIndows and Linux

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello,
[]
However, upon shutdown of such a hanged tc-cast-client, the logs reveal
that for a moment the launch initialises dongle, HTTP server, etc. and
then terminates. So this seems like some timing issue or so.

If anybody has advice on this, we would appreciate comments.

Best,
Peter.

Peter,

Perhaps prove the system and its components first on Windows - much, much easier!

My own experience with Linux is that everything is version dependent - sometime critically so. So if EUMETSAT recommend a particular distribution, and a certain version of that distribution, it's better to use what is recommended rather than deviate in any way.

Perhaps you could post the last few lines of the TelliCast log file?