Re: TelliCast Missed Packets False Alarms

Your problem with the TBS5927 most probably is a driver problem. But
here it's not.

What I remember to have seen is that we get missed packets that are
shown recovered
with the next update of the TelliCast client statistics page
(approximately 3s later).

What I cannot know or even simulate is: What happens if my script unsing
the w3m browser
accesses the statistics page exactly when it's updating? Even java
script is involved!

Ernst,

Well, I'm using the latest TBS driver for the TBS5927, so what to make of that! I suspect others are simply not monitoring to the same level, and/or simply accepting the issue.

I don't think there's much you can do about the "time to correct" issue - it's fundamental to the way the error correction works, isn't it? The correction may not be possible until the next buffer of information is received, so that brings in USB polling, network buffer and PCIe buffer size, depending on the receiver architecture.