Re: Gaps in AVHRR images yesterday.

Robert Moore

Interesting John, I have ­always­ had gaps like this since the very beginning and have regarded it as normal. So should I have been getting gap-free images for all these years?

Robert

From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of geojohnt via groups.io
Sent: 11 September 2020 12:27
To: msg-1@groups.io
Subject: [MSG-1] Gaps in AVHRR images yesterday.

Hello All,

Further to my recent postings and responses to 'missed packets' on TC, yesterday I had (at least, these were the ones I saw) three gaps in AVHRR Manager displayed images.

See attached thumbnails.

During these processing/display times, BS TC statistics did not indicate any missed packets - nor HVS-1 TC statistics, though I don't think that is relevant.

Did anyone else experience these 'data gaps?'

If not, any idea what might have caused them?

Regards,

John Tellick.