Re: XRIT2PIC.

R. Alblas

Ernst,

Generated files may end in any location you want, so you can choose a writeable location.
See preferences, tab Direcories, 'Destination'-directory.
But as you have it now, to make a multi-day movie it would need to look in several directories in one run.
I remember that I did have an idea to let xrit2pic look in a directory tree instead of one location, so it can read all files in locations Year\Mon\Day. I'll have a look at that.

A work-around would be to make links from all files in all needed directories into one directory, but that's not so nice.

Regards,
Rob.

On 09/01/2020 03:35 PM, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io wrote:
On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 05:50 AM, R. Alblas wrote:
Ernst,
You should define the exact and full directory where the received files are. So:
Z:\Year\Mon\Day

Thanks Rob

My files on the GNU/Linux receivers might not be organized the best way for XRIT2PIC.exe.
They are grouped as Hugo does it and also for easy file deletion per day of age (no find...).

On the Windows side e.g. MSG4 today is in
Z:\Channel_2\2020\09\01\
but yesterday's MSG4 files are in
Z:\Channel_2\2020\08\31\
and I got a dozen EUMETCast Channels on Z:\. And all directories and files are read only.

Is there a way to make movies with XRIT2PIC in such a Windows 10  environment?

Very different question: Does XRIT2PIC write something to the Windows 10 registry?

Best regards