Re: RAMDisk.

Ernst Lobsiger

> Briefly, I'm setting up a new system and going to try it without a RAMdisk
> to start with.  It has 32 GB memory, so space for a RAMdisk if needed.

David and John

Though I promoted the use of RAM-Disks (where you have to move the files to HDD by script!) for a couple of years I now can well do without that.
This is GNU/Linux but since I have completely changed to 64Bit including SACSrv EKU driver I noticed that the client has lost most of its sensitivity
to I/O-Waits from HDD not fast enough to take tmp/received. I have now tested a RAID0 system with two cheap 2TB (CMR !!) disks from Toshiba.
This gives me I/O of 360MB/s for tmp/received even on my 11 years old HW with SATA II connections only. Up to now it works well with 8GB RAM.

Have a look at receiver Io here:

http://208-118-153-5.dyn.cable.fcom.ch:81

Best regards