Re: QUAD Inverto Black Ultra LNB

geojohnt@...

Hello Ernst,

Thanks for your comments and diagrams.

I tried the 'other receivers' switch on again last evening when my SNR was a little higher and the Strong Viaccess receiver I use for French TNSAT TV, Eutelsat 9B for EbS and Astra 1 German TV channels sometimes but not always caused a small increase in Tellicast Missed Packets before FEC.  Most of these missed packets over time were/are never FEC recovered.

Also the SR1 readout showed increases in errors some of the time.

My SatPal spectrum analyser seemed to cause 'problems' more of the time when switching on at this time.

But, these missed packets never seem to be a 'visible problem' as I do not see missed data gaps in my images.

>If I understand your first post right you were able to disturb the SR1 via a TV cable ON/OFF that runs >apart from the EUMETCast SR1 and Spectrum Analizer cables.

Yes that's right.
My satellite TV receiver is fed by a cable from another dish and LNB for Astra 1 French and German TV [this cable runs for a length in a plastic tube together with the SatPal cable and EUMETCast cable from the quad LNB] the third cable from the quad LNB runs on its own to the satellite TV receiver for Eutelsat 9B EbS.
The Astra 1 cable and the Eutelsat 9B cable are connected to the satellite TV receiver receiver via a hi isolation coax switch.
Yes I know, I should use a modern DiSEqC switch.

And yes, I too have seen a few missed packets occasionally when switching off 'another receiver.'

Oh no!
I've just switched on the satellite TV receiver (from the EUMETCast quad LNB) with rain reduced SR1 SNR and no change in Tellicast missed packets!
Both rebooting the receiver and/or switching the antenna coax.

But switching on the SatPal spectrum analyser did cause an increase in BS lost packets (and increased FEC recovered packets!) but not in HVS-1 lost packets.
I switched the SatPal on again and no increase this time in BS (nor any in HVS-1).

I'm not sure I'm proving anything and maybe it's all a coincidence?

Best wishes,
John.