Re: QUAD Inverto Black Ultra LNB

geojohnt@...

Hello Ernst,

I've been watching this unfolding discussion and thought I would have a go.

I use a 'Quad Hi Gain Low Noise' Inverto Black Ultra LNB but only use two outputs regularly - one for 24/7 EUMETCast TP 1 the other for receiving Eutelsat 9B TV - not running 24/7 but switched on and off most days.

The third port I use occasionally for checking signal/spectrum on a spectrum analyser.

The Eutelsat 9B cable itself is separate from the other two 'quad cables' which run together for a length of around 4.5 m through a narrow plastic tube along with another cable coming from another dish receiving Astra 1 which is not on 24/7 but switched on and off for a time most days.

Total cable run is around 14/15 m and is CT100.
The Eutelsat 9B coax is from a German websate firm but I'm not sure of it's 'technical spec/quality.'
It's 'silver' screening mesh is fairly open and the 'metal shield' is also 'silver.'
Not as high a technical spec/quality as CT100.

Right, mmmm, interesting.
You appear to be right.

My Tellicast Statistics and SR1 Telnet readout have been running 3 days and 2 hours 15 minutes after a reset and the figures from that time were:

HVS 1 M. P. B4. FEC.  47
           FEC. R. P.         0

BS      M. P. BS. FEC. 10
           FEC. R. P.        10

Switch on another port (Eutelsat 9B)  HVS 1 now M.P. B4. FEC.  104  -  FEC. R. P.   0.
                                                            BS now      M. P. B4. FEC.  170  -  FEC. R. P.   41

SR1 Telnet Readout after '3 days 2 hr 15 mins reset:'

B. F. C. 43
B. P. C. 351.

After switch on of adjacent Eutelst 9B port: B. F. C. 61  -  B. P. C. 361.

I switched the adjacent port on again an hour later - the second of (new) figures above had remained the same and the new figures were now:

HVS 1 M. B. P. B4. FEC   155.
           FEC. R. P.              1

BS      M. B. P. B4. FEC.   233
           FEC. R. P.              41

SR1 readout 'second set new' figures above had remained the same, the new figures are now:

B. F. C.  62
B. P. C.  389

Sorry about the above tabulation format, I hope it remains as typed and makes sense.

It does seem switching on another quad output 'effects' EUMETCast's SR1 readout and Tellicast Statistics.

Best wishes,