Re: SNR/Link Margin up again.

geojohnt@...

David,

Mmmmm.

I'm presuming that Google Maps are orientated to the north so the only large dish I can see at The Arsenal is in the car park on the eastern side of the site.
And, if the 'map' is orientated north, the dish is pointing SW - W?

I can't see any other 'large,' as would presumably be required for this uplink dishes, pointing in a 'southerly' direction.

[Images copyright of Google maps]

????

Regarding 'signal strength,' I found the article interesting reading about 'backing off' a transponder as part of fine tuning a transponder and not pushing it into the non linear curve.
And of course, when the bandwidth was increased I guess the apparent 'signal level decreased?'

10:00 UTC and already 32.3 degrees down here.

+++++++++++++++++++

Yes, there's less separation between Aflenz and Wien then between Usingen
and Fucino.  About 115 km.  Perhaps the unlink dish is somewhere near that
large tower with the helipad ( 16.390384° 48.195655°), but I don't know.
Perhaps you mean the dish to the west of that building?  I may be completely
wrong!

I wonder whether that document was created because we asked questions!  I
recall one incident when it appeared that stations towards the west of the
satellite footprint had lost signal strength which was discussed with
EUMETSAT in detail.

Glad you're finding the comparisons useful!

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...