Re: SNR/Link Margin up again.

Thanks for the links.

Firstly, the two uplinks are not that far away from one another - Aflenz being to the SW of Vienna, and a super cell storm such as can occur in Europe could effect both locations at the same time.

I Google mapped Vienna Arsenal - which is in the centre of Vienna near the Hauptbahnhof and there appears to be just one 'large' dish in the car park of the Arsenal.

Secondly, thanks for the EUMETSAT link - very interesting information.
I wonder why I've never been directed to this document on my several several complaints over the years regarding SNR variations.

The document states Link Margin is the most important parameter - I agree, of course, my Link Margin level follows variations of my SNR level precisely.
0.1 dB drop in SNR = 0.1 dB drop in Link Margin, etc.

Yesterday's considerable 'upgrade' in SNR/LM seen by many, ran from ~ 12:45 to 17:45 UTC.

Yes, there's less separation between Aflenz and Wien then between Usingen and Fucino. About 115 km. Perhaps the unlink dish is somewhere near that large tower with the helipad ( 16.390384° 48.195655°), but I don't know. Perhaps you mean the dish to the west of that building? I may be completely wrong!

I wonder whether that document was created because we asked questions! I recall one incident when it appeared that stations towards the west of the satellite footprint had lost signal strength which was discussed with EUMETSAT in detail.

Glad you're finding the comparisons useful!