Re: SNR/Link Margin up again.

geojohnt@...

David,

Thanks for the links.

Firstly, the two uplinks are not that far away from one another - Aflenz being to the SW of Vienna, and a super cell storm such as can occur in Europe could effect both locations at the same time.

I Google mapped Vienna Arsenal - which is in the centre of Vienna near the Hauptbahnhof and there appears to be just one 'large' dish in the car park of the Arsenal.

Secondly, thanks for the EUMETSAT link - very interesting information.
I wonder why I've never been directed to this document on my several several complaints over the years regarding SNR variations.

The document states Link Margin is the most important parameter - I agree, of course, my Link Margin level follows variations of my SNR level precisely.
0.1 dB drop in SNR = 0.1 dB drop in Link Margin, etc.

Yesterday's considerable 'upgrade' in SNR/LM seen by many, ran from ~ 12:45 to 17:45 UTC.

++++++++++++++++++++++

John,

The two stations are located in Vienna (backup) and Aflenz (prime).  This
page took a little finding!

  https://www.4rfv.com/WHKYMIABWVBH/342/telekom-austria-group-renews-partnership-with-newtec-for-eumetsats-eumetcast-upgrade.htm

This page will also be of interest:

  https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/EUMETCast/DAT_3569223.html