Re: HVS-2

Ferdinand Valk

-----Original Message-----
From: MSG-1@groups.io On Behalf Of David J Taylor
GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, 15 July, 2020 15:19
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] HVS-2

Maybe someone has a suggestion for me. I upgraded one machine to the
latest
2004 version of Windows-10 and all went smooth with one notable
exception.
Tellicast for HVS-2 ( for Sentinel) does not start up properly. I'm using
2.14.5.

The statistics page tells me that the Server Address is "not yet received
"
The log file says (verbose)
[]
VRB:2020-07-15 13:00:49.243:No source addresses specified. Client will
start
in any source mode

I have not made any changes to anything besides of the windows upgrade
(which went flawless on all other systems). I have replaced the hvs-2 ini
and
channels ini with a copy of a working system, but no change. I' a bit at a
loss
here. Suggestions very welcome.

Ferdinand Valk
=======================================

What receiver, Ferdinand? TBS 6903 dual or Ayecka SR1?

On my TBS 6903 system I didn't need to do anything after the 2004 Feature
upgrade (but not yet the July security update). The BDADataEx has IP
addresses define (192.168.238.238 and 192.168.238.239) and also have the
Use DHCP set! The two virtual network adapters have the DHCP option
checked, and the two TelliCast instances (HVS-1/2) have the cast-client
set to:

[parameters]
interface_address=192.168.238.238

[parameters]
interface_address=192.168.238.239

A reboot may be worthwhile.

========================
David,
This one runs on the TBS 6903 dual and the settings are identical to the
ones you mention. When checking these I found however that the update had
reset the dedicated IP addresses to Auto-IP. Something I should have been
aware of in view of past occurrences but it totally slipped my mind. It
seems that the age starts playing tricks on me.
I have reentered the proper IP addresses and all is well again.

Thanks for bearing with me.
Cheers,
Ferdinand