Re: SR1 configuration.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 09:37 AM, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 wrote:
Of course, if anyone has better information, do please inform us.David

Sorry, our posts crossed. Here is a link from NewTec that shows their (5%) Clean Channel Technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAcO2YezfZg

AFAIK this was used from DVB-S2 day one in EUMETCast Uplinks and professional NewTec receivers.
DVB-S2X will allow for sharper bandwidth filtering than current DVB-S2 (problem as always is drivers!).

Ernst

Ernst,

No problem - it's better to have two explanations than one, especially when they explain things from a different point of view.

Thanks for the NewTec link. With filtering being digital these days, and with chip power ever increasing (more ops per second) I imagine getting sharper filtering may not be too difficult. More power from the satellite is something that many enthusiasts would welcome, though!