Re: SR1 configuration.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello All,

I've been looking at my SR1's status via Telnet and see that the/my Roll Off, # F is set to 25%.

Having been reading the EUMETSAT guide to setting up an SR1 for something else, I see that
their Roll off is set to 20%

So, does this matter?
Does it make any difference?

BTW, I've no idea what Roll Off is.

Regards,
John Tellick.

John,

I think it's the sharpness of the filtering. I suspect that (a) the receiver should be the same as or slightly greater than the transmitter (to ensure that all the transmitted bandwidth is received) and that (b) there will be very little difference in practice between 20% and 25%.

I recall asking EUMETSAT the same question many years back and getting a similar response.

Of course, if anyone has better information, do please inform us.