Re: Windows 10 feature update and MRTG

Mads Kristoffersen

Hi

Same thing happened to me after the update: Interface number was changed and had to redo the security settings as David pointed out.

Its easy finding the new interface number: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-find-a-network-interface-index-number type "route print" in a command prompt and find interface number in the list.
Now change the interface number in the mrtg .cfg file, find the ip in the find and look for 10.2.160.231_X and change X with new interface number. Also replace X in X:public@....160.231: with new interface number. 10.2.160.231 is my ip, you have to look for your own in the .cfg file.

Downside changing interface number is existing statistics for that interface is lost.