Re: Windows 2004 Update

geojohnt@...

Ian,

'Hold your horses!'

My day to day computer warned me this morning when booting that I had security vulnerabilities and to download the latest Windows update.

I initiated these and looked at Settings and saw I was downloading Cumulative Windows updates 2020-06 1909 (x2) for Windows x64 based systems and Adobe Flash Player.

Looking at Windows updates on my EUMETCast computer I see that my Windows update yesterday was also Windows Cumulative update 2020-06 1909 for x64 based systems and Adobe Flash Player.

So I still have 2004 to come.

?????

Regards,
John. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-----Original Message-----
To: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 9:29
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Windows 2004 Update

Ian,

Just to say that I updated to the latest Windows update yesterday afternoon but before I did since my computer runs 24/7/365 I did a Disk clean-up on both C: and E: drives and then a system optimise.

Tellicast started automatically and all David's programmes ran OK and tc-cast HTML shell showed data flowing OK on Both BS and HVS-1.

However when I opened the SR1 Contoller all dials were at zero and then it went red - not locked.
But data was flowing, the data port on the SR1 twinkling and the antenna connection green.

I unplugged the SR1 power for several seconds and re-plugged it - the receiver received and sent data again (hot boot).
Controller still showed 'red no lock.'

Closed Controller and opened it again still zero dials with data running.
Rebooted the computer and SR1 Controller worked properly.

Windows update?
Or my 'clean out' before loading the update????

Regards,
John.

+++++++++++++++++++  

_._,_._,_

Join MSG-1@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.