Re: Windows 2004 Update

geojohnt@...

Ian,

Just to say that I updated to the latest Windows update yesterday afternoon but before I did since my computer runs 24/7/365 I did a Disk clean-up on both C: and E: drives and then a system optimise.

Tellicast started automatically and all David's programmes ran OK and tc-cast HTML shell showed data flowing OK on Both BS and HVS-1.

However when I opened the SR1 Contoller all dials were at zero and then it went red - not locked.
But data was flowing, the data port on the SR1 twinkling and the antenna connection green.

I unplugged the SR1 power for several seconds and re-plugged it - the receiver received and sent data again (hot boot).
Controller still showed 'red no lock.'

Closed Controller and opened it again still zero dials with data running.
Rebooted the computer and SR1 Controller worked properly.

Windows update?
Or my 'clean out' before loading the update????

Regards,
John.

+++++++++++++++++++  

-----Original Message-----
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Sent: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:48
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Windows 2004 Update

> On 10 Jun 2020, at 10:17, Ian Deans via groups.io <iandeans142=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> 
> The Windows 10 update on my main computer has made a real mess of my Eumetcast hardware and software. This happened about 2 days ago and fortunately my 10 year old backup computer has not had the update and is still able to run the basic service without issue.
>
> I have not had the time yet to figure out all the issues, but my TBS 5927 is presently unusable as windows 10 refuses to load the only driver available and BDADataEx and the TBS IPS tool have been seriously compromised. MY TBS 5925 and SR1 have yet to be checked and are presently allocated to my other computer.
>
> Regards
> Ian.
>

Sorry to hear that Ian. I run an SR-1 and TBS 6903 in dual mode using Crazycat’s drivers and it hasn’t had any impact on reception (the 2004 update). The only issue was a change of interface number for the monitoring LAN port I use.

The TBS is an internal card.

Cheers,
James

Join MSG-1@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.