Re: Windows 2004 Update

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

The Windows 10 update on my main computer has made a real mess of my
Eumetcast hardware and software. This happened about 2 days ago and
fortunately my 10 year old backup computer has not had the update and is
still able to run the basic service without issue.

I have not had the time yet to figure out all the issues, but my TBS
5927 is presently unusable as windows 10 refuses to load the only driver
available and BDADataEx and the TBS IPS tool have been seriously
compromised. MY TBS 5925 and SR1 have yet to be checked and are
presently allocated to my other computer.

Sorry to hear that, Ian.

HVS-1 & HVS-2: The update did update my TBS 6903 driver to 1.0.0.7 (IIRC) - the version which produces missed & recovered TelliCast packets - but simply re-installing the 1.0.0.5 driver fixed that. BDADataEx continues to work as expected, although I needed to cycle the "supply power to LNB" on the two instances.

I always recommend keeping copies of downloaded drivers!

BS: No issues noted with the TBS5925 - the driver may or may not have been updated. BDADataEx 1.1.4.9 works as expected. TBS IP Tool 3.0.4.0 was listed as incompatible, and the upgrade required it to be removed. I also found 3.0.4.5 and removed it too as those have caused repeated Windows crashes in the past.

No issues with the SR-1 on any of the services.

I have a TBS 5927 but haven't used it yet.

The usual things I expected to fix after a major update were present and easily fixed.

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/Win-10-notes.html