Re: Windows 10 feature update and MRTG

James Brown

Thanks David,
Yes I followed your excellent guidance pages on your web site.

Is there a dos box command to identify the interfaces ?

Cheers
James.

On 5 Jun 2020, at 16:00, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

It looks like the latest major update has caused an issue with one component of my MRTG monitoring - the PC I/O - or traffic after channel selection.

Done the usual checks, stop/start SNMP though I notice there has been installed a newer version - or at least the date has been changed. Changed the security settings as David suggested, uninstalled informer and reinstalled v. 1.7

I notice a new version of Killer Network app and wonder if it has changed the name of the interface I use.

Tried perl cfg maker using the suggested settings but this reports errors now preventing the creation of a basic MRTG file to help me track down the interfaces. Just wondering if there is another way of discovering interface names?

Everything else is fine so I may not even bother to pursue it it is too much hassle.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

James.

James,

Typically you need to visit the Services App, select SNMP service, right-click properties, Security, accept SNMP packets from any host. But you've done that!

You may find some hints here, but not yet updated for 2004.

Use Interface addresses rather than names:

Target[Alta]: /192.168.0.1:public@127.0.0.1

<services-after upgrade.png>