Re: EUMETCAST Loss of High Volume Services

Alan Sewards

Hi
I would suspect the new SR1 receiver first. Have you a third receiver that you could substitute to test this? Has the new receiver been set up correctly? There is a clear disconnect at the receiver substitution and it is unlikely that the dish alignment got disturbed coincidentally.
Best of luck!
Alan Sewards

On 29 Apr 2020, at 12:06, Peter Chiu - UKRI STFC <peter.chiu@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

We have an EUMETCast Linux reception station that has developed a fault on the
Ayecka SR1 DVB receiver last month.  Having replaced the SR1 receiver, we are now
able to collect all the basic services data, but only a tiny fraction of the high volume services.

Typically, we are getting the hvs-1/EPS1, EPS2, EPS5, EPS10 data during the hour
between 06:00 and 07:00 but almost nothing outside that period.

Ironically we had been getting the full hvs-1 data without issue before the breakdown on the SR1.
Currently the signal Demodulator Es/N0 is about 9db.

Before attempting the option of adjusting the dish pointing on site which being locked down,
I wonder if any one has any advice that we can try to improve the hvs1 data reception.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Peter Chiu
STFC RAL