Re: Newbie questions

Frank Kosta

Hi David

ERR:2020-04-15 19:23:02.279:Could not open HTTP server at port 8100 on any
interface: Address already in use (libroot.htt_server.8100).

"already in use" means that another instance of TelliCast is using that
address (port 8100 on the local PC), so perhaps you started a second run of
TelliCast even while the first was still running.  Solution: Task Manager to
kill "tc-cast-client.exe".

Yes, I believe you are right. At least, at some point I remember seeing 2 Tellicast icons on the task bar.
Silly mistake.

ERR:2020-04-15 19:25:45.491:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data Channel
2": Missing key 15823.

That may mean that you don't have the hardware eToken installed and working,
although I would have expected more or different messages in that case.

I did install it. However, I just realised I didn't install it as an administrator.
That might be the cause. I will unlistall and install it again.

I also see this error when the signal is weak - look at the statistics to
see the number of missed and number of recovered packets.  I suggest
starting with only the Basic Service configured in the SR1 as the 9.8 dB
Es/No is a too low for the HVS-1.

Ok. Thank you for the information.
I will try to improove the Es/No value later today.
Regards

FCosta