Re: experiences and lessons learned with a fresh Eumetcast install for WIndows and Linux

Markus Kempf
 

Ernst you are my hero, like my physics teacher 40 years ago in my Gymnasium. I switched on Modcode All in BDADataEx and immediately the error rate went up and looked almost as bad as with the linux setup. Thanks to the warm and beautiful weather today, I went outside, climbed on my roof and fixed not only my ADSB antenna (was lying almost horizontally because of the storm) but also my sat dish. With a slight movement to the east, the signal level was up to 10.6 dB. Now I'm back at solid zeros for the missing packet count with modcode All. Will go back to my NAS system soon.
I had a look at the stv090x.c code and it has provisions for setting and filtering MODCODs and PIDs. I would definitely be interested in your patch and the other szap-s2 version.
Thank you very much again.

Markus

Join MSG-1@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.