Re: experiences and lessons learned with a fresh Eumetcast install for WIndows and Linux

Ernst Lobsiger

George,

 Here is the module parameter I was talking about. This is copied in part from my message #27249:

<cite>

And here comes the next trick that makes the 6903 driver shine.
If you want a single cable system that takes T1 + T2 it's easy
again. Edit a file /etc/modprobe.d/stv6120.conf with content:

options stv6120 rfsource=1

The meaning that you might want to write into the file as comment:

#  Parameter rfsource is loaded when booting (cannot be changed in /sys/module/...)
#  0  = you can attach two cables LNB0->adaper0 and LNB1->adapter1 (DEFAULT)
#  1  = connect the cable to LNB0 where you can use adapter0 + adapter1
#  2  = connect the cable to LNB1 where you can use adapter0 + adapter1

Of course 1 and 2 is only possible if T1 and T2 is in the same band and polarisation.
But this is the case for EUMETCast transponders T1 and T2.

</cite>