Re: OS recommendations
David J Taylor
I am upgrading an existing Eumetcast system. I would like recommendations for the OS.
Does the MSG Data Manager software work on linux?
Jean du Preez
- use the same OS as the present system. If it works, why change it?
- unless you are familiar with Linux and networking innards, Linux would not be my fist choice.
- the MSG Data Manager should work under a virtual Windows PC, under Linux.
- the MSG Data Manager may work under Linux/WINE, but it would be unsupported.
- for a new system, I would recommend Windows-10 with a minimum of 4-cores/8 GB, with 4-cores+hyperthreading 16 GB preferred. More cores if the machine is doing more.
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you