Re: TP 1 'Power.'

David J Taylor

All,

I'm seeing + 1 dBm on my SR 1 Power reading this morning but no change in Es/No level, which remains
at the usual morning clear sky level reading.

Mind you, I don't know what the 'Power' reading actually shows.

Regards,
John Tellick.

John,

I asked this once, and the response was that this value was the level into the demodulator chip (with the Ayecka SR1). The scale on the Java program show -20 dBm as the maximum possible, so +1dBm sounds to be way out. What was the level before? Perhaps a typo?

As you know, the Es/No is determined almost exclusively by the LNB unless there is an excess of cable, so in principle adding a line amplifier would increase the level but not affect the SNR to any noticeable extent.