Re: MSG-1 and MET7 thoughts

Ulrich G. Kliegis <Ulrich.Kliegis@...>

On 27 Aug 2003 at 11:17, Douglas Deans wrote:
Meteosat 7 is not going to be moved. It will remain at 0° until at least
the end of 2005. MSG-1 will be moved to approx 3-4°W, subject to final
Eumetsat Council approval. This is possible because there will be no
direct dissemination from MSG-1. and hence no co-interference.
At that new position images corrected to 0° (as they are now) will show less
interpolation than at present. Seems a good compromise.

Hmmm, I guess, Luca read the same information that I did yesterday: See
the bottom (as of Aug.27,2003) of this page:
http://www.rig.org.uk/msg.htm

Regards,

U.