Re: Confused about data types

geojohnt@...

Thomas,

Just to add, having had HD constipation, when I added HVS-1 to BS, I agree with David.
You really need to limit the data you receive.
Both in the data you have ticked in your EUMETCast account, and via your cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini and cast-client-channels_bas.ini.

Gone are the days when you could receive 'everything' disseminated by EUMETCast.

I think I'm right in saying that some 'wanted data streams' also include data that you do not want - 'DARMSTADT sounding data' for instance in my case, which filled my HD, along with other not wanted data, which one/two of David's SatSignal processing programmes deletes - again, I think I'm right in saying.

Yes, as we say, "you can't see the wood for the trees."

Best wishes,
John.

++++++++++++++++

In a message dated 13/11/2019 19:26:53 GMT Standard Time, gm8arv@... writes:

Hi guys,

today my hvs1 and hvs2 data has been activated by eumetsat.

I am flashed about the the huge different kind of data packets and i wonder
how to process them an which software i should use.
[]
By the way is Msg-data-manager able to process Goes images?
[]
We say in german that we can't see the forest because of lot of trees ????

Regards
Thomas
=================================

Thomas,

Yes, the first need for most users is to limit the data you get, and the
processed data you want to keep!  Incoming data is 250+ GB/day on BS/HVS-1
and ~400 GB/day on HVS-2.

For GOES-15 I have free software:

  https://www.satsignal.eu/software/goes-15-netcdf-manager.html

and for GOES-16/17 too:

  https://www.satsignal.eu/software/GOES-ABI-Manager.html

I've done that rather than tagging yet another satellite with yet another
protocol onto the MSG Data Manager.