Re: Confused about data types

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi guys,

today my hvs1 and hvs2 data has been activated by eumetsat.

I am flashed about the the huge different kind of data packets and i wonder
how to process them an which software i should use.
[]
By the way is Msg-data-manager able to process Goes images?
[]
We say in german that we can't see the forest because of lot of trees ????

Regards
Thomas

Thomas,

Yes, the first need for most users is to limit the data you get, and the processed data you want to keep! Incoming data is 250+ GB/day on BS/HVS-1 and ~400 GB/day on HVS-2.

For GOES-15 I have free software:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/goes-15-netcdf-manager.html

and for GOES-16/17 too:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/GOES-ABI-Manager.html

I've done that rather than tagging yet another satellite with yet another protocol onto the MSG Data Manager.