Re: Strange Fading effects

Thomas Scheelen

John,

unfortunately i had no time yet to install the new dish. The basic service is very stable indeed.Even in heavy cloud conditions with rain the s/n dropped just 0,5 db.

By the way... is it a good idea to mount the new dish on a diseqc motor? Could imagine that the repeat accuracy is not precise enough.

Regards

Am 8. November 2019 16:10:39 schrieb "geojohnt via Groups.Io" <geojohnt@...>:

Hello Thomas,

With a 120 cm dish you 'should' get around 2 dB better SNR with a correctly aligned dish.
Very important for HVS-1 services which have a much lower link margin level than BS.
Rain/snow signal attenuation reduces SNR but BS with its higher link margin level is not as badly effected as HVS-1 if the signal attenuation is high.

Best wishes,
John.

In a message dated 08/11/2019 10:46:32 GMT Standard Time, gm8arv@... writes:

now i got the 5927 and what shall I say? Everything is fine, even with the
85cm dish.
I have 11DB s/n and almost no errors or lost of packets.

I am curious how the 120cm dish will improve the whole thing.