Re: Strange Fading effects

geojohnt@...

Hello Thomas,

With a 120 cm dish you 'should' get around 2 dB better SNR with a correctly aligned dish.
Very important for HVS-1 services which have a much lower link margin level than BS.
Rain/snow signal attenuation reduces SNR but BS with its higher link margin level is not as badly effected as HVS-1 if the signal attenuation is high.

Best wishes,
John.

In a message dated 08/11/2019 10:46:32 GMT Standard Time, gm8arv@... writes:

now i got the 5927 and what shall I say? Everything is fine, even with the
85cm dish.
I have 11DB s/n and almost no errors or lost of packets.

I am curious how the 120cm dish will improve the whole thing.