Re: Strange Fading effects

Thomas Scheelen

Hi,

now i got the 5927 and what shall I say? Everything is fine, even with the 85cm dish.
I have 11DB s/n and almost no errors or lost of packets.

I am curious how the 120cm dish will improve the whole thing.

As iam still confused about the modcodes and hvs service, i use transponder 1 with all codes enabled

@David
I had almost almost all eumetcast related tools registered some time ago.

Do i need some upgrades and how much will those upgrades cost?

Kind Regards
Thomas

Am 4. November 2019 09:39:41 schrieb "Thomas Scheelen" <privat@...>:

Good morning,

first off all i wanna thank you for all the great informations and assistance. You brought me a lot further.

As recommended by David I ordered an used 5927 which i found for a reasonable price.
Additional i purchased a new dish with a diameter of 125cm. Hope my Neighbor does not think E.T. has landed.. :-)

I expect a lot better performance in reception, but also new challenges.

With the present equipment no improvements seems achievable.

Greetings
Thomas

Am 1. November 2019 15:37:59 schrieb "Ernst Lobsiger" <ernst.lobsiger@...>:

David and Thomas,

The EUMETSAT Setup Guide is for Windows 7 (not XP)

<Cite>
3.6 Running SS2XPFIX
SS2XPFIX is a small console utility created by CrazyCat which is setting one bit in BDA demodulator register.
</Cite>

IIRC this did the trick to enable the use of the STV0903BAC demodulator to receive at least
the BASIC MODCOD of the Transport Stream (TS) without really being fully VCM capable.
Not sure something like that was integrated in later BDADataEx versions (I doubt it).