Re: TP 1 SNR this morning - 09:00 + UTC.

Douglas Deans

On 06/11/2019 10:09, geojohnt via Groups.Io wrote:
All,
I hardly dare to say this but under clear sky conditions my TP 1 SNR on the SR1 receiver is up 0.3 - 0.4 dB from 'what it should be' at this time of day.
The SNR is also rock steady.
Power is, as always, steady at - 25 dBm.
A couple of times so far this morning my SNR went to 13.5 for short periods.
Rather a long way from the good old days 18 months ago when my SNR was 14.2/3 dB.
However, a step in the right direction if someone is tweaking the uplink and/or satellite attitude/parameters.
Regards,
John Tellick.

Yes John I have also seen a good rise in both TP1 and TP2 signal this morning. Needs to hold for a bit longer to verify exact results (and during stable weather) but my rise at the moment seems nearer 0.7 to 0.8 dB SNR up here in Scotland. Frankly not before time. The signal here has been awful for a long time despite my efforts to fine tune the dish which is at an easy head height. Fingers crossed.