Re: New EUTELSAT satellite....

Thomas Scheelen

David and John,

maybe a stupid question, but i missed the reason for the switch from 9B to 10A.

Since 9B is still there with strength beans i wonder why eumetsat didn't stay at 9B.

Beste Grüße

Am 4. November 2019 18:30:04 schrieb "David J Taylor via Groups.Io" <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>:

David,

I've had a look around but can't find any technical spec for this satellite
yet such as power contours, just press releases.

I would imagine it would have a bit more uumph than 10 A being a new
satellite.
However, new satellite, more uumph, more money for a transponder?

With EUMETSAT already having capacity on Eutelsat 21B I suspect they
wouldn't take out new capacity on 10B.
Depends I guess on whether 10A continues in service?

The article says:

"EUTELSAT 10B satellite will carry two widebeam C- and Ku-band payloads,
totalling 32 36 MHz equivalent transponders1 to ensure continuity of the
missions of the EUTELSAT 10A satellite, whose operational life is scheduled
to end in 2023."

Lewis might have his 8 World Championships by then!

This e-mail was checked for spam by the freeware edition of CleanMail.
The freeware edition is restricted to personal and non-commercial use.
You can remove this notice by purchasing a commercial license:
http://antispam.byteplant.com/products/cleanmail/index.html