Re: Strange Fading effects

Thomas Scheelen

Ernst,

that's a good hint indeed. I am going to try crazycat drivers.

Just to clarify a few things things for me.

While on DVBS1  the standard drivers and tools of technisat worked well.
Especially the IP Data tool.

Is it mandatory to use the BDADataEx on Windows, or will the standard ip tool work as well? The included drivers and tools are also for DVB-S2.

To be honest i still not understand the difference between S2 and S if we talk about Eumetcast.

I thankful for a short explanation... 👀🤔

Greetings
Thomas

Am 1. November 2019 01:29:13 schrieb "Cornish Man via Groups.Io" <cornishman68@...>:

Having trouble with my 110cm Dish. I am on the lookout for a cheap 120cm one.

hopefully it will solve the problem of being disconnected all the time and have to click on reset on the page

On Thursday, 31 October 2019, 20:16:45 GMT, Ernst Lobsiger <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote:

Thomas,

If you have a SkyStar 2 eXpress HD (the PCI-Express card you have to power with a separate cable) then it's possible to get BASIC service ONLY even if the card is not really VCM capable. But this only works with CrazyCat drivers and I only did it under GNU/Linux where I demonstrated a 40Euro Eumetcast receiver. So readers of this list that did it under Windows should be able to give you a hand. If you get it working the SkyStar 2 eXpress HD is a good BASIC receiver.