Re: EARS Data.

Douglas Deans

On 24/10/2019 18:30, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
Blimey this will be a big loss :-
https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_4682634.html
Douglas,
When I first read that I took it as just ATOVS data - the sounder data - but you make me wonder whether it's AVHRR image data as well?  The full-orbit Metop data will still be available, I think, as it relies on Svalbard and (when possible) Antarctic stations.  It doesn't mention which satellites, either, so one assumes all satellites in the EARS service.

You might well be right David. I looked at the link and saw the word AVHRR but it is the AVHRR derived cloud mask. Those datas are all interlinked so I wonder what is behind the decision. Interesting.