Re: Defunct Groups

Douglas Deans

On 16/10/2019 19:39, Ian Deans via Groups.Io wrote:
Re the recent mails with regard to a number of yahoo groups. my guess is that the groups in question ( with the exception of the old MSG-1 Yahoo group ) have probably not been used for many months if not years and in my opinion should be discontinued along with the old MSG-1 group.
The occasional mails that might be posted under these groups, could be posted on the MSG-1 io group and that is probably being done at the moment anyway.

I agree but I find now that I get a much better response to satellite issues and images posting on twitter than I do with any of the groups. World wide audience and speed and simplicity seem to be the reason.
However I do accept there are a few limitations and posting my weekly weather satellite report might just break the character number requirement !
I see dozens of Meteor images and technical conversations on twitter every day and I guess if I followed the right people I could do the same with many other datas. The point is you decide your area of interest.