Re: PuTTY telnet not opening.

geojohnt@...

David,

I forgot to mention I also did a hot reboot of the SR1 this morning.

No, the original 'telnet PuTTY' programme isn't working (along with the 'other' long defunct 'USB version') hence my problem.

When configured for COM3 - which it always was - PuTTY telnet won't open with the warning:
X Unable to connect to COM3. Unable to open serial port.

I'll go back an read the EUMETSAT SR1 EUMETCast setup guide from the beginning.
As I said, I'm pretty sure it's the disappearance of Silicon Labs.

Yes, it is such a long time ago, I too can't remember how I set it up.

In a message dated 07/10/2019 12:22:14 GMT Standard Time, gm8arv@... writes:

It's been so long since I used the serial that I can't be sure, but I think
that the port will only show it the device is plugged in and working.  There
may also be an issue with drivers - you may need to re-install the original
Silicon Labs drivers you had.  Perhaps on the disk which came with the
Ayecka?

But if the Telnet works, why not use it?