Re: Signal

geojohnt@...

James,

Well, many users graphs show a distinct step down in SNR.
And indeed we have been here before - 3 times, if I recall correctly?
And although 'something' was tweaked 'their end' on every occasion, I never got back to my original SNR levels.

A couple of years ago I was getting 14.3 dB SNR during the 'diurnal max.' period with a 1 m dish and Inverto Black Ultra LNB and an SR1.
Diurnal max now is - was - around 13.4/5 dB
I'm not on 'diurnal max' at this time today and my BS SNR is currently 12.6 - 12.8 dB.

OK, I still have quite a high link margin on BS so no problem.
But I don't think this is a dish/LNB deficiency but a transmitted power 'reduction.'

There hasn't been any 'bad weather' over the uplink station yesterday and certainly not today.

?????

In a message dated 13/09/2019 19:00:21 GMT Standard Time, satellite@... writes:

This is not good news! IIRC we have been here before and has only
resulted in LNB and dish deficiencies being identified, rather than
adjacent transponder issues. I do hope not, but am not holding my breath!

James