Re: Signal

David J Taylor

I am currently seeing a big drop in the basic signal at the moment in
what is sunny conditions. This year the signal levels have been
disappointing with a general drop of about 0.4/0.5 SNR and at the moment
it is double that.

My dish and LNB have been checked and are fine.

It seems to be the same across Europe:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

Best to report this to EUMETSAT.

I see that the H polarisation (cyan) has dropped compared to the vertical (red) between September 02 and today, and that there is a new lower level and narrower bandwidth signal on the H polarisation around 11320 MHz. Vertical polarisation has gained a signal on ~11425 MHz. I am not saying these changes have caused the drop, but they may be related.

These plots with a TBS5925 and CrazyCat's CrazyScan program fed from a spare feed on the 4-output LNB. Ignore the apparent tilt across the passband, and the dB scale.