HVS-1.

Douglas Deans

Am I correct in saying it was the HVS-1 channel which Eumetsat added in-fill data to in order to resolve problems with the TBS hardware.
I have been quite busy at my computer recently which has drawn my attention to the BDADataEx icon on the Taskbar going green (instead of blue) quite frequently. On checking as expected the data rate is at 0 for short periods.
I cannot remember the full significance of the problem but I know it was detrimental to reception and may explain imperfections in my HVS-1 set-up.

Is anyone aware of what the current arrangement is and whether it has been changed.

I use the TBS 6903 for HVS-1 to separate it from the basic service on my SR1 for the occasional bad weather we get here in Scotland !