Re: weather impact

geojohnt@...

Ian,

Thanks for your comments on your shield.

>Looking at your picture John, I would not be surprised if your signal
>was a little down as a result of your cover.

Yes, I wondered if anyone might notice/suggest that.

I just plonked it on a couple of weeks ago when after all the dry, hot, weather down here turned into heavy rain.
Actually, the plastic itself attenuates very little.
However, if the LNB is looking through part of the top of the shield covered in rain drops, then attenuation will occur.

I need to get out there as soon as the rain stops (with no drops on the LNB) and remove the shield to prove it.

Mmmm, I could also put a layer of ali foil over the top in dry weather and adjust the shield for no blocking.

Regards,
John

In a message dated 03/08/2019 16:34:53 GMT Standard Time, iandeans142@... writes:

John I bought a rain shield as I too found heavy droplets seriously
attenuating the signal.

Mine is only semi-circular, but I found if I set it up per the
instructions supplied I was losing up to 0.2/0.4 SNR. As a result the
top bit is not parallel to the LNB but pointing a bit higher which has
resulted in no signal loss. The LNB is slightly more exposed, but it is
still very rare for me to get water on the LNB.