Re: TBS installation query

James Brown

On 30 Jul 2019, at 09:19, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Would you like the good news or the bad news?

The good news is that I have managed to install the TBS 6903 card in my
Dell XPS system - and using the BDADataEx software with the silicon
bridge I now have two extra transponders being received.

The bad news? While I was manhandling the computer I had forgotten to
remove the EKU and it bent and broke completely!

I have e-mailed ops but it will be some time before I can get another
working EKU I fear.

Oh well, two steps forwards, but a big one back!

Cheers,
James
===============================

Not quite done that myself, but interesting to see the reaction of a professional installer who managed to plug a 110V (rather expensive) piece of hardware into a 240V outlet. Or the one who didn't bother to switch off first - he needed calming down. (I was baby-sitting both).

But you can continue! See EUMETSAT's note B1.1 on page:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/DataDelivery/EUMETCast/ReceptionStationSetup/Troubleshooting/index.html

To check the username, use a generic user, open the recv.ini file of the reception software (located in the Tellicast installation directory) and replace the lines "user_name..." and "user_key..." with the following lines:
user_name=eumetcastuser
user_key=9Ecast3004us
(use exactly this syntax)
You don't need to reinstall the Tellicast software to change the username/userkey
Now check if files can be received. There should be at least the files "E-UNS_Weekly_Operations_Schedule..." once per hour.
This user name allows only reception of UNS data, system updates and the product navigator.

If this is successful, go to B13 or confirm the username/password with our User Service Helpdesk.

If unsuccessful, try other sections in the troubleshooting guide.

Thanks David,
Ops have kindly ordered a replacement but will look at the links you have thoughtfully provided.

Lots of other jobs to do but thank you again.

James.