Re: Multicast channel info

Ferdinand Valk

Roland,

You should be aware that EUMETCast is a professional service meant to distribute data in near real time to Meteorological Institutes, weather services and other professionals. The fact that other interested parties and amateurs are allowed free-of-charge access to this data should be considered a bonus. Nevertheless, if you want to share in the data made available, make sure that you only select the data of your interest. You have almost full control over what you want to receive and what not.

It is not really appropriate to talk about ‘swamping’ and ‘dubious data’. If you have no use for it, don’t take it.

Besides, quite some people of the MSG- group have been trying to help you and answer your questions. I can’t help noticing that little is done with the suggestions offered and the stream of similar questions/remarks keeps coming back. Food for thought?

Regards,

Ferdinand